my 2019, His way

Sometimes the world and the society convinces me that I’m wrong for the way I think, for the way I believe in things, for the way I love. There are days when these comments fill up my head making me feel disappointed with myself. I start pointing out flaws in myself and eventually get depressed and anxious about my entire existence. I begin overthinking. I begin doing things that I wouldn’t normally do to please others. I begin hating myself. I begin feeling as though I’m living a ‘wrong’ life. These opinions of the people and the society start messing with my thoughts and my faith. However, I try to remind myself that- this is MY life. I am not supposed to follow others’ path or others’ way of living. It doesn’t matter if I don’t have determined goals. It doesn’t matter if I fail to make everyone like me. It isn’t necessary for me to fulfill others’ desires. It doesn’t matter if my definition of a happy life is different than others. It doesn’t matter if I am better or worse than my peers. 
2018 was one hell of a ride for me. I struggled with anxiety and depression at a very deep level. But as I gave it a long thought about why it happened was because I was too engrossed in pleasing people, in doing what they thought was ‘right’ for me and my future. I didn’t know when and how to walk away from things that no longer bring me peace. I tried to figure out my life instead of trusting Him who has already done it for me. 

This 2019, I am letting go of all the expectations, all the societal ideologies and all other things that mentally stress me out. I am giving all my problems to Him. I will try to be like Him everyday. I will try to love like Him everyday. I will try to make Him feel proud of me everyday by being good to others as well as myself. I would always remind myself of this Proverb 3:5 “She will trust in the Lord with all her heart and lean not on her own understanding.” And finally I will do things that make me genuinely happy and see myself the way He does because that is a way which would bring Him close to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You can do anything, not everything.

Old souls in the new generation

The art of being average